Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
posted: Jun. 26, 2022.
Do you want to improve your smile? Do you feel like you're too old to be wearing braces? Well, the dentists at Silverman & Associates University Dental Family Dentistry understand how you feel, which is why they offer Invisalign at their Bellmore and Bayside, NY offices.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is composed of custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners function the same way traditional braces work, by applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position. Your Bellmore and Bayside dentists create your custom aligners using a specialized computer software.
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and are great for if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces. You do, however, need to keep them on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss. Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events, but that's unnecessary if they're transparent.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Oral Hygiene: Because Invisalign is a removable appliance, you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Discreet Look: Traditional metal braces are embarrassing, especially if you're a teenager or an adult. Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- No Dietary Deprivations: Traditional braces prevent you from eating your favorite foods, like taffy apples or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners that don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike metal braces.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Bellmore and Bayside, NY, dentists, then call their office today!