Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Are you thinking of getting dental implants?
The restorative procedure helps rejuvenate and strengthen your smile. If you're interested, your family dentist at Bellmore and Bayside, NY, provides dental implants.
Dental implants are biocompatible fixtures surgically placed into the jawbone. Dental implants consist of several parts a titanium post that's inserted into the jawbone, a screw that secures an abutment over the titanium post, and a crown matching the rest of your teeth to complete your smile.
The procedure is straightforward.
- The titanium post is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace missing tooth root. It provides stability and strength, and prevents weakening and shrinkage of the jawbone.
- After inserting the titanium post, the family dentist seals your gums and allows 3 to 6 months for osseointegration (a process of the post fusing to the rest of your jawbone) to occur.
- After healing is complete, your Bellmore and Bayside dentist re-opens the area above the titanium post, inserts a screw, places an abutment above the screw, and secures a crown on top that matches the rest of your teeth.
Caring for Dental Implants
To take proper care of your dental implants, make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss every day, at least once before bed. A change in diet may also be beneficial. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, and avoiding sugary foods to prevent the accumulation of plaque is good preventative care.
There are several advantages to dental implants like restoring bite and chewing function, and replacing one, or multiple teeth.
Are you missing teeth? If you're interested in finding out more about dental implants, call your family dentist at (718) 225-0515 for the Bayside, NY, office or (516) 781-9700 for the Bellmore, NY, office to learn more!
Even very small chips and cracks in your teeth can become a problem if they aren't fixed in a timely fashion. Thankfully, an affordable and easy dental treatment called dental bonding is available to quickly repair chipped or cracked teeth. The dental team at Silverman & Associates University Dental Family Dentistry in Bellmore and Bayside, NY, offers this treatment -- find out if it can help you perfect and strengthen your smile.
Tooth Repair with Dental Bonding
For a dental bonding treatment, your dentist uses the same material that fills in cavities. It is a composite resin compound that hardens and bonds to the surfaces of your teeth. Instead of spreading the material in the pits and fissure of a tooth that has been affected by a cavity, your dentist applies it to the front and lower surfaces of the chipped or cracked tooth instead. It fills in, covers, and solidifies the tooth so that it can stay strong and have a better appearance.
The Bonding Treatment
It's possible to complete a bonding treatment during a lunch hour from work. It only takes a few minutes for your Bellmore and Bayside family dentist to prepare your teeth to accept the composite material, apply it to the surface, harden it with a curing light, then smooth and polish the tooth. When finished, it will look just like the rest of your teeth in shade and contour.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
While there are alternatives to dental bonding to fix cracks and chips in the teeth, many patients prefer this treatment for a number of reasons:
- It's relatively inexpensive compared to other cosmetic solutions
- The tooth color can be matched almost exactly
- It only requires a short one-time appointment
- There’s no need to wait for a dental lab to create a crown or veneer
- It will last for five or more years before another treatment is needed
One Quick Appointment
A dental bonding treatment can be completed in just one appointment with a family dentist at Silverman & Associates University Dental Family Dentistry in Bellmore and Bayside, NY. Call the Bayside office at (718) 225-0515 to schedule a visit to see if bonding can repair your dental issue. Or call the office in Bellmore, NY, at (516-781-9700) if that would be more convenient for you.